- Patient Information
- Visiting Guidelines
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Your Safety
- When it's Time to Leave
- Medical Records Request
- Find A Physician
- Patient Relations
- Campus and Amenities
- Local Resources
Give Back and Help Shape Your Community
Volunteering at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach plays an important role in the healing of patients and assisting their families. Serving others is a special gift and we are searching for those who will serve patients in all areas.
PHLB is actively recruiting volunteers to help with patient services and
to support our office staff. You, too, can choose from a multitude of jobs that suit your interests and provide a change of pace from your daily routine.
WHY BECOME A PACIFIC HOSPITAL VOLUNTEER?
- To help others
- To share your talents
- To meet new people
- To explore a new career
- To gain experience (great for college & job applications)
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER AT PACIFIC HOSPITAL?
- Men and women ages 15 and older
- High school and college students
- Retired persons, employed persons, homemakers
WAYS YOU CAN VOLUNTEER
- Information Desk helpers
- Providing clerical assistance
- Gift shop helpers
- Patient services – flower delivery, newspaper/magazine delivery, visiting with patients
WHEN YOU CAN VOLUNTEER
- Monday thru Friday
- Hours available: 8:00am - 5:00pm
THE VOLUNTEERING PROCESS
- First, fill out the volunteer application.
- Submit completed application to the volunteer coordinator
- Schedule an interview with volunteer coordinator
- Must have a current TB test (no longer than 6 months)
- Attend orientation
- Take a tour of the hospital
- If approved, start volunteering!
- Volunteer Orientation Packet
Call the Volunteer Service Coordinator at (562) 997-2422. or email Angel.Mendoza@phlb.org